The North Troy – Highwater border crossing is a small port of entry that links the community of North Troy, Vermont to Highwater, Quebec.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open 24/7 to all vehicles. The Canadian port of entry is only open 24/7 to passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles can only use this port to enter Canada during weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except on holidays. Delays can occur in the mornings from mid-November to mid-May as Canadians head to nearby Jay Peak Resort. Travelers can check current wait times by downloading the CanBorder app and the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTunes).
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic can get heavy from mid-November to mid-May when many Canadians travel south to Jay Peak Resort. The New England 511 website and the Twitter account @511VT provide travelers with road conditions reports on the highways of Vermont.
The Quebec 511 is a program that gives updates on the traffic and road conditions in the province. Travelers can get the information by calling 511 or 1-888-355-0511, downloading the program’s mobile app, or following the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information about the North Troy – Highwater border crossing, travelers can get in touch with the US or Canadian customs officials at this location using the phone numbers listed below. To drive to this port, travelers can use the map and directions provided below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 807 Vermont Route 243, North Troy, Vermont 05859
- US Customs: (802) 988-2540
- Canada: 4 Mansonville Road, Highwater, Quebec J0E 1X0
- Canadian Customs: (450) 292-5995
Things to Know About the North Troy – Highwater Border Crossing:
- The original US border station built in 1937 still stands today though it is no longer being used. It is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The new facility, completed in 2009, is located just 46 m (150 feet) north of the old station.
- Jay Peak Resort is a four season resort that experiences 6 months of snowfall, perfect for skiing and snowboarding. There’s also a year-round indoor waterpark, ice arena, and a championship golf course.
- The oldest long-distance hiking trail in the US is located in Vermont. The Long Trail is 273 miles long and traverses the entire state of Vermont, starting from the state line of Massachusetts all the way to the US-Canada border just west of the North Troy – Highwater border crossing.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about North Troy – Highwater Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
My Champlain Valley FOX44 & ABC22 - 4 weeks ago
North Troy, Vt. - Vermont State Police says officials have been notified about a missing woman out...
WCAX - 4 weeks ago
Vermont State Police say Kayla Delzio, 28, called her parents Thursday and made plans to visit for...
News via Google. See more news matching 'North Troy, Vermont'