The Canaan – Hereford border crossing is a fairly quiet port that connects the town of Canaan, Vermont and Saint-Herménégilde, Quebec. It is one of two crossings in the Canaan, located on the west side of the town while the Beecher Falls port is on the east side.
Similar to other nearby US border facilities, the station at this port was built in 1933 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open 24/7 to all vehicles. The Canadian port of entry is also open 24/7 to passenger vehicles. Its commercial services, however, is only available on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except on holidays. Wait times at this port can be monitored using the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app (Google Play or iTunes).
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is light at the Canaan – Hereford border crossing. The New England 511 website provides updates on traffic and road conditions in Vermont that travelers can check while on the go. They can also follow the Twitter account @511VT for updates.
Visitors to Quebec can call 511 or 1-888-355-0511 to use the Quebec 511 program which releases road conditions reports to the public. Travelers can also download the program’s mobile app or follow the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl to get the same information.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about crossing the border at the Canaan – Hereford port, travelers can contact customs officials at this location using the phone numbers below. To reach this crossing, travelers can use the map and directions provided below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Vermont 141 Canaan, Vermont 05903
- US Customs: (802) 266-3375
- Canada: Highway 141, Stanhope, Quebec J0B 2W0
- Canadian Customs: (819) 844-2242
Things to Know About the Canaan – Hereford Border Crossing:
- An old line house still stands on the boundary line at the Canaan – Hereford border crossing. The building used to be a popular watering hole during the years of Prohibition. People could legally buy and consume liquor on the Canadian side of the building. Today, the building stands empty.
- The Neil-Tillotson Trail is easily accessible from this port. Hiking enthusiasts can enjoy its beautiful scenery including the Donat Falls.
- Canaan, Vermont is a great town for hiking, camping, boating, skiing, and snowmobiling activities.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Canaan – Hereford Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
188.8.131.52 (press release) (blog) - 3 weeks ago
“This call prevented a dangerous fugitive from justice from successfully entering the United...
vtdigger.org - 4 months ago
Highgate border crossing U.S. Customs and Border Protection's border crossing in Highgate....
News via Google. See more news matching 'Canaan, Vermont border '