The Fort Covington – Dundee border crossing is a lightly traveled rural port that connects the communities of Fort Covington, New York, and Sainte-Agnès-de-Dundee, Quebec. Summer months tend to be busier at this port because of vacationers heading to the various nearby attractions.
The US border station was built during the 1930s and included in the list of National Register of Historic Places in 2014. Before the Canadian border station was built, the customs inspections were conducted at the McMillon residence.
Operating Hours & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open daily to all vehicles 24/7. Passenger vehicles heading to Canada can also use this port 24/7. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed to enter Canada through this port on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except on holidays.
The Fort Covington – Dundee border crossing is a pretty quiet port that rarely experiences delays. Travelers can get current wait times while on the road by getting the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Travelers can get updates on traffic and weather-related road conditions in New York by using the state’s 511 Traveler Information System. The program allows travelers to access the information through their telephone service (511 or 888-465-1169), the 511NY app (iTunes, Google Play), and the 511NY website.
The Quebec 511 program also provides the public with reports on road conditions and other travel information. Travelers can call 511 or 1-888-355-0511, download the mobile app, or follow the Twitter account @Qc511_Mtl to access the information.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information about the Fort Covington – Dundee border crossing, travelers can use the phone numbers below to get in touch with the customs officials at this location. To drive to this port, the map and directions can be used as a guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: Water Street, Fort Covington, New York 12937
- US Customs: (518) 358-2444
- Canada: 8750 Route 132, Sainte-Agnès-de-Dundee, Quebec J0S 1L0
- Canadian Customs: 800-461-9999 / 204-983-3500 (calls outside Canada)
Things to Know About the Fort Covington – Dundee Border Crossing:
- The Fort Covington – Dundee border crossing is famous for having a commercial building straddling the boundary – the Halfway House. The building was built in 1820 and served as a tavern, long before the 49th parallel was measured. Today, it is used to house a freight forwarding company that allows Canadians who have packages delivered to the American address to pick them up on the Canadian side without crossing the border.
- The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino is just 10 minutes away from the Fort Covington port of entry.
- The Salmon River which runs by Fort Covington is known for excellent trout and salmon fishing.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Fort Covington – Dundee Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
Dunfermline Press - 2 weeks ago
“The longer you get here, the better it will be so I'm looking forward to meeting all the...
Penn Yan Chronicle-Express (blog) - 3 weeks ago
At about 11 a.m. June 29, 2017 a New York State trooper stopped a vehicle in the town of Jerusalem...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Dundee Border Crossing'