The Walhalla – Winkler border crossing has a medium traffic volume with an average of 150 vehicles passing through each day. It connects Walhalla, North Dakota to Winkler, Manitoba.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open daily from 8 am to 10 pm. The Canadian border office observes the same hours for passenger vehicles. Trucks, however, can only pass through this port during weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm, except for holidays.
Line-ups are not usual at the Walhalla – Winkler border crossing. But if you wish to keep track of border wait times, you can get the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play or download the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Travel speed should be normal near the border along Highway 32 as there aren’t many vehicles that pass through this port. To get current traffic and road conditions for your trip, please visit North Dakota’s travel information map or call their travel info hotline by dialing 511. To get the weather conditions in the area, check here.
Highway 32 is usually bare, particularly the direction heading to the border. If you want to get travel information on the go, follow @MBGovRoads on Twitter. You can also get traffic, weather, and road condition updates from Manitoba’s Interactive Highway Map. Recorded messages detailing any traffic, weather, and road condition advisories can be heard through the province’s travel info hotline, 511.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To reach the border crossing, please follow the map and directions provided below. If you want to learn more about using this port of entry, you will need to get in touch with the border officials using the contact details listed.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 10955 State Hwy 32, Walhalla, ND 58282
- US Customs: 1 (701) 549-3233
- Canada: Manitoba Highway 32, Winkler, Manitoba R6W 1A0
- Canadian Customs: 1(204) 325-8503
Things to Know About the Walhalla – Winkler Border Crossing:
- The Rendezvous Region Scenic Backway passes through Walhalla, ND.
- Walhalla has five unique attractions that should not be missed: Frost Fire Mountain, Pembina Gorge, the Gingras Trading Post, the Pembina River, and the Tetrault Wood State Forest.
- Travelers passing through this port can stop by Winkler, Manitoba for some sight-seeing, shopping, sports, and camping. Other types of accommodations are also available here.
Links of Interest
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Walhalla
- Walhalla–Winkler border, Wikipedia information page
- Canada Border Services Agency, Winkler
- Bureau of transportation statistics
- A linear portrait of the USA/Canada border
Recent News & Updates about Walhalla – Winkler Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
KVRR - 10 months ago
Flood Waters Near Neche, ND Recede. The Pembina River at Neche is receding. April 12, 2017. Alison...
E-Know.ca (press release) - 1 month ago
The Canadian border guard squinted, a product of the hot August prairie sun and my answer to his...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Walhalla Border Crossing'