The Hansboro – Cartwright border crossing is a lightly traveled route between US and Canada. An average of around 500 passenger vehicles and fewer than 100 trucks pass through this border crossing. This port of entry connects the towns of Hansboro, North Dakota and Cartwright, Manitoba.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
Passenger and commercial vehicles are welcome to enter the US daily from 8 am to 9 pm. Travelers entering Canada are welcome to pass through daily from 8 am to 9 pm. Commercial vehicles, on the other hand, are only allowed to enter Canada from 8 am to 5 pm daily.
Both border offices have yet to publish any wait times for this particular port of entry since it only encounters a small number of vehicles each day. But if you wish to get notified regarding delays on any of the border crossings, you can download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
To learn about traffic, weather, or road conditions on ND Highway 4 and nearby roads, check the state’s travel information map. Another option is to call the North Dakota travel information hotline – 511 or, if calling from out of state, 1-866-696-3511.
Manitoba also has an Interactive Highway Map you can view to check traffic, weather, and road conditions before you pass through the Hansboro – Cartwright border crossing. The province also has a travel information hotline similar to what some states use in the US (like ND). You can call 511 instead of checking the highway map for information. You can get updates by following @MBGovRoads.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you’re in need of more information regarding the Hansboro – Cartwright border crossing, please get in touch with the US or Canadian border officials using the information we’ve provided below. To reach this port of entry, you can use the map, address, and directions we’ve posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:10935 Hwy 4, Hansboro, ND 58339
- US Customs: 1 (701) 266-5633
- Canada:Manitoba Highway 5,Cartwright, Manitoba R0K 0L0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 529-2437
Things to Know About the Hansboro -Cartwright Border Crossing:
- Cartwright, Manitoba is just 7 miles north of the border. This urban community has several tourist attractions such as historical buildings, a golf club, and Rock Lake Beach, to name a few.
- South of the border, approximately 41 miles away, is the city of Cando. It is called the “Duck Capital of North Dakota,” offering several first class outdoor activities such as fishing as well as big game and waterfowl hunting.
Links of Interest
- Border Patrols Jobs in Hansboro, North Dakota
- Canada Border Services Agency, Cartwright
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Hansboro
- Hansboro -Cartwright port entry information, Wikipedia page
Recent News & Updates about Hansboro – Cartwright Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
CBS News - 4 yearss ago
McClain's seeds were confiscated Saturday at the border crossing in Hansboro, North Dakota,...
Winnipeg Free Press - 3 yearss ago
This article was published 7/4/2015 (1038 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current....
News via Google. See more news matching ' Hansboro Border Crossing '