The Whitlash – Aden border crossing lies between the communities of Whitlash, Montana and Aden, Alberta. This crossing has the distinction of being the second least traveled port of entry in the US, averaging around 3 vehicles per day based on data gathered by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
Despite the fact that less than 1000 vehicles pass through this port per year, the CBP considers the Whitlash port as the centralized location for processing vehicle exports in the Great Falls Area Port. For this reason, the CBP replaced its old station with a state-of-the-art facility in 2012.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open to all vehicles daily from 9 am to 5 pm (MST). Passenger vehicles heading to Canada can also make use of this port seven days a week from 9 am to 5 pm. Commercial vehicles, however, are limited to weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except on holidays. Travelers who want to check the current wait time at the Whitlash – Aden border crossing can get the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Weather-related traffic and road conditions reports on Montana highways are available to the public via the state’s online travel info map and travel information service hotline (dial 511 or 800-226-7623 if you’re calling from outside the state). Travelers can also get reports on road and weather conditions in Alberta by calling a similar hotline (dial 511 or 1-855-391-9743 if outside Alberta), following the DOT’s Twitter account @511Alberta, or checking the Road Conditions Map online.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about crossing the border at the Whitlash – Aden port of entry, travelers can use the phone numbers below to get in touch with customs officials at this location. To drive to this port of entry, travelers can use the map and directions below as their guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 10 Whitlash Road, Whitlash, Montana 59545
- US Customs: (406) 432-5522
- Canada:Highway #880 South, Aden, Alberta T0K 0A0
- Canadian Customs: (800) 461 9999
Things to Know About the Whitlash – Aden Border Crossing:
- The Whitlash port is a Permit Port. Individuals who want to import cargo through this border crossing are required to get advance approval from the Area Port of Great Falls before arriving at this location.
- Travelers who wish to visit the community of Whitlash should know that it is only accessible through an unpaved road.
- The Sweet Grass Hills are just southwest of the community of Whitlash. These hills are considered by the Blackfoot aboriginal people as a sacred site where a battle between the natives and encroaching wolf hunters took place in 1872.
- The nearest hospital to Whitlash, Montana is Liberty Medical Center in Chester, Montana, around 30 miles south of the community.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Whitlash Aden Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
Flathead Beacon - 2 weeks ago
With only a border separating them, the Montana and Canadian economies have a symbiotic...
New York Times - 2 weeks ago
JOLIET, Mont. — As darkness closed in, one hunter after another stopped at this newly opened game...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Montana Alberta border'