The Del Bonita border crossing is a very quiet port of entry located near the towns of Cut Bank, Montana and Del Bonita, Alberta. Less than 100 vehicles, mostly autos, use this crossing every day.
The Del Bonita port was first established in 1939 when a highway was constructed running from Cut Bank, Montana to Magrath and Lethbridge, Alberta, crossing the international boundary at Del Bonita.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US border station has seasonal hours. From September 16 to May 31, the port is open from 9 am to 6 pm. From June 1 to September 15, the port is open from 8 am to 9 pm.
The Canadian border station also has seasonal hours. From June 1 to September 15, passenger vehicles can enter Canada daily from 8 am to 9 pm. From September 16 to May 31, passenger vehicles can pass through this port daily from 9 am to 6 pm. Commercial vehicles, on the other hand, are only permitted to pass through this port on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm. Please note that the Canadian border station is closed to all vehicles on holidays.
The low volume of vehicles using the Del Bonita border crossing daily means there is very little traffic, if at all, for travelers to contend with. Travelers shouldn’t experience any delays. If you wish to keep yourself updated on current wait times at this location while on your trip, you can get the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes or the CanBorder app.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
There is very little activity in the area surrounding the Del Bonita border crossing. However, as this port of entry is located in one of the northernmost parts of the US, travelers may want to keep updated on weather-related traffic and road conditions. Montana provides road reports to the public via their travel information hotline which you can reach by dialing 511 or 800-226-7623 for calls outside the state. Travelers can also opt to visit the state’s travel info map online. The Canadian province of Alberta also provides updates on road conditions, incidents, and even border crossings through their own 511 hotline (dial 1-855-391-9743 for calls outside Alberta). Updates are also available on their Twitter feed (@511Alberta) and Alberta’s Road Conditions Map.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
Travelers who want to learn more about crossing the Del Bonita port of entry can call the US or Canadian border stations using the numbers provided below. Those who want to drive to this location can make use of the map and directions posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 4071 Chalk Butte Road, Cut Bank, MT 59427-9109
- US Customs: (406) 336-2130
- Canada: Highway #62 South, Del Bonita AB T0K 0S0
- Canadian Customs: (403) 653-2567
Things to Know Before the Chief Mountain Border Crossing:
- The Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park is the world’s first International Peace Park, having been formed back in 1932. It’s a World Heritage Site, and both parks have been declared by UNESCO as Biosphere Reserves.
- Citrus, tomatoes, peppers, and home-grown tomatoes are prohibited from being brought into the US. All firewood, except those accompanied by a heat treatment certificate, are also prohibited from being brought into the US.
- There are plenty of activities for vacationers stopping by Waterton Park for the summer. These include fishing, hiking, biking, canoeing, windsurfing, and horseback riding.
- Get a rare glimpse of endangered species such as the Canadian lynx or explore the underground caverns and tunnels of the Nakimu Caves in Glacier National Park.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Del Bonita Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
Alberta Express - 2 weeks ago
Alberta Beef Producers 2018 board: In the front row (left to right) are John MacArthur (Fairview),...
Globalnews.ca - 9 months ago
RCMP continue to investigate and look for suspects related to the thefts of two items of heavy duty...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Del Bonita Alberta'