The Peace Arch border crossing is located between Surrey, British Columbia and Blaine, Washington. Though only passenger vehicles are allowed, this crossing is still the most active one in British Columbia. In fact, it is considered the third busiest border crossing between US and Canada, with an average of 4000 cars passing by each day.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
|Vehicle Type||Canada -> USA||USA -> Canada|
|Personal vehicles||Lanes open: 1Status: no delay - 0mNexus: no delayReady Lanes: Lanes Closed||no delay|
|Commercial vehicles||Lanes open: Status: N/A - mFAST LaneN/A||no delay|
Passenger vehicles can pass through the Peace Arch border crossing 24/7, 365 days a year. Commercial vehicles, on the other hand, are strictly prohibited. This port of entry also has several NEXUS lanes. The ones entering Canada are open daily from 7 am to 12 am (midnight). The NEXUS lanes entering the United States are open daily from 6 am to 9 pm. At times, one of the ten lanes is used as a Ready Lane – designated for travelers heading to the US with a WHTI-compliant, RFID document such as an Enhanced Driver’s License, a NEXUS card, and a Border Crossing Card. You can learn more about Ready Lanes here. Be sure to read the signs correctly so you can choose the right lane.
Since the Peace Arch border is a highly busy border crossing, so you should expect delays. If you wish to know the current or forecasted wait times for this border, you can check with the Canada Border Services Agency or the US Customs and Border Protection.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Check real-time traffic conditions on Interstate 5, heading to Peace Arch, here. Canada also has several border and traffic cameras along Highway 99 which you can view here and here to give you up-to-date information on traffic as well as road conditions. You can also call 1-800-550-4997 to learn about traffic conditions in British Columbia and 1-604-664-9010 for weather conditions. For those heading to the US, you can get a weather forecast on Blaine, Washington here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To find more information regarding this specific border crossing, you can call the Customs or Immigration offices of either the US or Canada. The contact details are posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 100 Peace Portal Drive, Blaine WA 98230
- US Customs: 1 (360) 332-8511
- Canada: 220 Highway 99, Surrey BC V3S 9N7
- Canadian Customs: 1-800-461-9999
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Peace Arch Border Crossing:
- Between the two ports is an international park, the Peace Arch Park, which was constructed to commemorate long-lasting peace between the two countries. Visitors are free to roam both US and Canadian sides of the park as long as they don’t leave the boundary of the park to enter another country without the permission of the customs authority responsible.
- A Duty-free shop is located near the Canadian Customs office. There is none on the US side.
- If you wish to enter the US (land or sea), you’ll need to present one of the following: a valid passport, a NEXUS card, or an Enhanced Driver’s License.
- The same documents listed above can be used to enter Canada, but you also have the option of using a birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID. However, you will not be able to use these to get back into the US. It’s best to carry the required documents by the US Customs and Border Protection to avoid getting stuck at the border.
- Peace Arch border crossing is the most direct way into British Columbia among the other entry portals along Washington. However, it is also often the most backed-up due to the large volume of cars that pass through. Border officials often recommend that travelers pass by the other entry points instead to avoid long delays.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Peace Arch Border Crossing
The Bellingham Herald - 6 days ago
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested two wanted men at the Peace Arch border...
Blaine Northern Light - 5 days ago
Two individuals attempting to cross through the Peace Arch port of entry were detained after U.S....
Billings Gazette - 5 days ago
BLAINE, Wash. — Authorities say officers arrested two wanted men at the border crossing in...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Peace Arch Border Crossing'