There are only two border crossings on the eastern part of Washington that is open 24/7. The Frontier – Paterson border crossing is one of them; the Oroville-Osoyoos border crossing is the other. The Frontier WA border crossing connects the town of Northport, Washington with the city of Rossland, British Columbia.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US Customs Office at the Frontier-Paterson border crossing is open 24/7. The Canadian Customs Office also operates the same hours for passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed to pass the Canadian border from 8 am to 12 am.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Traffic is usually light along the Frontier–Paterson border crossing. There are no traffic cameras strategically placed along British Columbia Highway 22 and Washington State Route 25. However, travelers can still learn about traffic and road conditions on both by calling 1-800-550-4997 for British Columbia and 511 for Washington. The state of Washington also posts travel alerts which you can check here before you start your trip. Don’t forget to check the weather in Frontier Washington or Rossland, British Columbia as well.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you wish to get in touch with the US or Canadian Customs officials at the Frontier–Paterson border, we’ve listed all the necessary information you’ll need below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:4939 Highway 25 North, Northport, WA 99157
- US Customs: 1 (509) 732-6215
- Canada:10 Highway 22, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 362-7341
Things to Know About the Frontier -Paterson Border Crossing:
- The nearest town in the US is Northport, located 12.5 kilometers south of the border.
- Racing fans can head over to the Northport Raceway, just 9 miles from the border, for a bit of ‘dirt slinging, adrenaline pumping fun.’
- The nearest city in British Columbia is Rossland, which is 11.8 kilometers away. It was voted as “Canada’s #1 Outdoor Town” by Explore Magazine and has been dubbed as “Mountain Bike Capital of Canada.”
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Frontier-Paterson Border Crossing
Nelson Star - 2 yearss ago
“Across the border, five miles east of Grand Forks on the road to Castlegar, is a bar called the...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Northport- Rossland border crossing'