The Ferry – Midway border crossing links Curlew, Washington and Midway, British Columbia. Curlew is an unincorporated community with 118 residents based on the 2010 US Census. Midway is also a small community-a village with a little over 600 residents.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
Vehicles heading to the US, both passenger and commercial, can pass through the Ferry WA border crossing daily from 9 am to 5 pm. Passenger vehicles heading to Canada can pass through the border daily from 9 am to 5 pm as well. Commercial vehicles, however, are limited to weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm except for holidays.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
To gather traffic information in British Columbia heading to the Ferry-Midway border, please call 1-800-550-4997. You can also get traffic and weather conditions in the state of Washington through their 511 hotline. For callers outside Washington, please dial 1-800-695-ROAD (7623). The Department of Transportation in Washington also gives updates on travel alerts here.For the weather forecast in Midway, please visit here.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to learn more about crossing the Ferry-Midway border, you can inquire with the US or Canadian Customs office located there. Please view the contact information below. You can also find the border inspection agencies through the map and directions we’ve posted below.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:1377 Customs Road, Curlew, WA 99118
- US Customs: 1 (509) 779-4655
- Canada:100 Dominion Street, Midway BC V0H 1M0
- Canadian Customs: 1(250) 449-2331
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Ferry – Midway Border Crossing:
- Midway has several local attractions for tourists, one of which is the Kettle Valley Rail Trail-an abandoned railway bed that has become a popular mountain bike trail.
- Just 12 miles south of Curlew is Tiffany’s Resort where you can rent a waterfront cabin or park your RV right along the shore of Curlew Lake which is famous for year-round fishing.
- Travelers passing by Curlew may want to stop by and visit the historically preserved Ansorge Hotel which was built in 1903 and turned into a museum in the mid-nineteen hundreds.
- The Ferry County seat, which is also the largest community in the county, is Republic, located just 21 miles away.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Ferry-Midway Border Crossing
Globalnews.ca - 4 weeks ago
Weaver, in the 2013 B.C. provincial election, became the first Green Party member to be elected to...
ECHL.com - 2 days ago
Taylor's ownership in hockey began in 1983 with the purchase of the Burnaby Bluehawks of the...
CBC.ca - 2 weeks ago
A break in the weather is giving residents of B.C.'s southern Interior temporary respite from...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Midway,British Columbia'