The International Peace Garden border crossing is one of the busiest in North Dakota. It is one of only three ports in the state that operate 24/7. The well-known International Peace Garden straddles the line between the two countries and requires no passport or other ID documents to enter. Visitors will need to check in with the corresponding customs office upon exit, whether you’re going to cross the border or re-enter your country. This port of entry connects Boissevain, Manitoba and Dunseith, North Dakota.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
As mentioned earlier, the Peace Garden border crossing is open 24/7 for passenger vehicles. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed enter Canada during weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except for holidays.
A high volume of traffic usually occurs during the summer due to visitors to the garden. On average, around 300 vehicles pass through this port of entry every day. If you want to keep informed about wait times at the different border crossings between the US and Canada, you can download the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
A high amount of traffic should be expected during the summer months when visitors flock to visit the International Peace Garden. If you want to check out the current traffic conditions on the way to the Peace Garden border crossing, visit North Dakota’s travel information map. Don’t forget to view the footage from the traffic cameras they have posted along Highway 281. You can also call 511 to get updates on traffic, weather, and road conditions in North Dakota. If you’re going to be calling from out of state, dial 1-866-696-3511 instead.
If you want to know about traffic, weather, and road conditions along Manitoba Highway 10 and the surrounding area, you can also call 511 for information. Manitoba also has an Interactive Highway Map that you can check for travel information updates. Manitoba also posts information regarding traffic and road conditions on their Twitter account @MBGovRoads.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about the International Peace Garden border crossing, you can get in touch with the US or Canadian Border Offices by calling their phone number listed below. To reach this port of entry, follow the map and the directions we’ve provided.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 10947 Highway 281, Dunseith, ND 58329
- US Customs: 1 (701) 263-4460
- Canada: Manitoba Highway 10, Boissevain, Manitoba R0K 0E0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 534-6820
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Peace Garden Border Crossing:
- There are duty-free stores on both sides of the Peace Garden border crossing – Duty Free Americas and the Peace Garden Duty Free.
- The International Peace Garden offers a number of activities for any type of traveler, from guided tours to camping and wildlife adventures.
- Be sure to have your passports ready to avoid delays when exiting the International Peace Garden.
- The nearest airport to this border crossing is the International Peace Garden Airport, just 20 km from Dunseith’s central business district.
- North of the border is Boissevain, Manitoba where visitors will find a broad range of attractions including museums, art galleries, lakes, and parks.
Links of Interest
- International Peace Garden Border inspection station Wikipedia page
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection – Dunseith
- International Peace Garden
- Welcome to Boissevain
- Duty Free Peace Garden
- Canada Border Services Agency-Boissevain
- No- Direct International Peace Garden
- International Peace Garden – News
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection-Dunseith, N.D.
- Border Crossing/Entry Data: Quick Search by Rankings
Recent News & Updates about Peace Garden Border Crossing
CBC.ca - 3 months ago
Travis Mazawasicuna and about 11 other riders rode their horses to the Boissevain border crossing...
Saskatoon StarPhoenix - 1 month ago
East to Manitoba, stop for a picnic at the International Peace Gardens adjacent to the Peace Garden...
CBC.ca - 1 years ago
For seasonal residents of one Manitoba campground, it's a reality. Lake Metigoshe borders the...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Boissevain, Manitoba border crossing'