The Maida – Windygates border crossing is a low volume port of entry for both passenger and commercial vehicles. An estimated average of 12,000 vehicles (75% travelers) pass through every year. This route connects the city of Langdon, North Dakota to Morden, Manitoba.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
Passenger vehicles can pass through this port of entry daily from 9 am to 10 pm. Commercial vehicles entering the US can follow the same schedule. Those going into Canada, however, can only enter this border crossing on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except for holidays.
Delays are rare on the Maida – Windygates border crossing. Neither the US or Canadian Border Office posts data on wait times for this port of entry. If you want to stay updated on lineups at the various ports along the US – Canada border, you can get updates from the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on iTunes and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
A low number of vehicles pass through the Maida – Windygates border crossing every day so traffic should be light most, if not all, of the time. If you want to stay on top of traffic, weather, or road condition on ND Highway 1 as well as the surrounding area, you can view the travel information map provided by the North Dakota Department of Transportation. The department also has a hotline – 511 (for out of state, please dial 1-866-696-3511) – where you can inquire about travel conditions in the state.
Similarly, you can check the travel conditions in Manitoba, specifically on PTH 31, using their Interactive Highway Map. Manitoba also has a travel information hotline (511) that you can call for updates on traffic, weather, and road conditions in the province. Another option is to follow @MBGovRoads for updates.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information regarding the Maida ND border crossing, you will need to get in touch with the US or Canadian Customs Office. Their phone numbers and addresses are listed below. If you want to find out how to reach this port of entry, you can follow the map and the directions we’ve provided.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:10947 Hwy 1 N, Langdon, ND 58255
- US Customs: 1 (701) 256-5087
- Canada:Manitoba Highway 31, Darlingford, Manitoba R0G 0L0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 246-2201
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Maida-Windygates Border Crossing:
- Morden, Manitoba, 41.8 km away from the border, is a city large enough for travelers to find accommodations, restaurants, and attractions worth exploring. Check out the list of things to do in this city here.
- Explore the world of fossils at the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre in Morden. It has the largest collection of marine reptile fossils in all of Canada.
- Just an hour away from Langdon across the border, enjoy the beauty of nature from the top of the trees with Hywire Zipline Adventures.
- Learn about the heritage of the people of Cavalier County at the Cavalier County Dresden Museum, northwest of Langdon. The complex is made up of old buildings such as a fieldstone church and a log cabin that was built back in 1885.
Links of Interest
- Maida–Windygates border infortamtion, Wikipedia page
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection-Maida Port Information
- Border Patrol Jobs in Maida, North Dakota
- Canada Border Services Agency-Windygates
- Border Crossing/Entry Data: Quick Search by Rankings
- North Dakota attractions guide
- Things to Do on the North Dakota-Canadian Border
Recent News & Updates about Maida – Windygates Border Crossing
Winnipeg Free Press - 2 yearss ago
This article was published 7/4/2015 (758 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current....
News via Google. See more news matching ' Maida - Windygates Border Crossing '