The Hannah – Snowflake border crossing is one of the least used ports of entry between the US and Canada. Based on data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, an average of 100 cars and less than ten trucks pass through it each month.
Operating Hours & Wait Times
The US Border Office is open daily from 9 am to 5 am. The Canadian Border Office are open to travelers daily from 9 am to 10 pm. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed to pass through the border crossing into Canada on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm, except for holidays.
Lineups are rare on the Hannah ND border crossing. However, since there are fewer cars to deal with, border officials may have more time for a more thorough inspection. To get updates on border wait times in Canada, you can download the CanBorder app to your Apple, Android, or Blackberry device. The US Customs and Border Protection Office also has a similar app on iTunes and Google Play.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
Only a handful of cars passes through the Hannah ND border crossing so there shouldn’t be any delays. To get an update on traffic conditions going towards this port of entry, you can call 511 or 1-866-696-3511 if you’re out of state. You can also check the weather and road conditions through this travel information number provided by North Dakota’s Department of Transportation.
To get traffic, weather, and road conditions near Provincial Road 242, you can visit Manitoba’s Highway Map here. Just like North Dakota, Manitoba has a travel information hotline that drivers can call 511 for information regarding road conditions in the area. You can also choose to follow their Twitter account @MBGovRoads to get updates.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To learn more about traveling through the Hannah – Snowflake border crossing, you can call the US or Canadian Customs Office through the phone number listed below. You can also reach this port of entry by following the map and directions we’ve provided.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.:10951 91st. Ave. NE, Hannah, ND 58239
- US Customs: 1(701) 283-5271
- Canada:Manitoba Provincial Road 242, Snowflake, Manitoba R0G 2K0
- Canadian Customs: 1 (204) 876-4705
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Hannah -Snowflake Border Crossing:
- The town of Hannah has a population of 15 according to the 2010 Census. You can visit many of the abandoned buildings and experience a slice of history as shown here.
- For a taste of the good ole days, you can watch a movie at the historic Roxy Theatre in Langdon, ND, just 30 miles away from Hannah.
- Snowflake, Manitoba is also a ghost town with lots of historic buildings to explore.
- 18 miles north of the border, in Manitou, Manitoba, is Hy-Wire Zipline Adventures where you can hike and zip line across ravines.
Links of Interest
- Hannah–Snowflake border inspection station
- Border Crossing/Entry Data: Quick Search by Rankings
- Canada Border Services Agency-Snowflake
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection-Hannah
- Things to Do Nearest to Hannah, ND
- Ghosts of North Dakota
Recent News & Updates about Hannah -Snowflake Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
Kurdistan24 - 3 weeks ago
That would include, according to Cockburn, the Kurdish oil pipeline to Turkey at Faysh Khabour and...
official - 2 weeks ago
Rohingya refugees make their way to a refugee camp after crossing the Bangladesh-Myanmar border in...
News via Google. See more news matching ' Hannah Border Crossing '