The Willow Creek border crossing is a low volume port of entry that connects the communities of Havre, Montana and Govenlock, Saskatchewan. This crossing averages less than 15 vehicles per day and is considered as one of the top 5 slowest ports on the US-Canada border.
Originally, individuals who entered the US from the Willow Creek port were required to stop by Havre, Montana for a customs inspection. In 1962, US and Canada border stations were built near the boundary line. These stations have since been replaced with modern facilities.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open daily to all vehicles from 9 am to 5 pm (Mountain). The Canadian port of entry, on the other hand, observes seasonal hours of operation. From the Second Sunday in March to the first Saturday of November, passenger vehicles can enter Canada from 9 am to 5 pm daily while commercial vehicles are limited between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays (except holidays). For the remainder of the year, passenger vehicles can use the Canadian port from 10 am to 6 pm daily while commercial vehicles can only cross this port from 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays (except holidays).
As a lightly traveled port of entry, delays at this crossing are rare. Travelers who want to check the wait times at this location while on the road can get the CanBorder app or the CBP Border Wait Times app on Google Play or iTunes.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
As one of the least traveled border crossings between US and Canada, travelers shouldn’t experience any heavy traffic at this location. To get weather-related reports on Montana highways, travelers call 511 or 800-226-7623 (for calls outside Montana). A travel info map provides similar information online. Reports on the road conditions of highways in Saskatchewan are also provided to the public through the province’s Highway Hotline (1-888-335-7623) and its online Provincial Map.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
If you want to get more information about crossing the border at the Willow Creek port, you can get in touch with the CBP and CBSA customs facilities using the numbers provided below. If you’re planning on using this port to cross the US-Canada border, you can use the map and directions below as your guide.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 29942 St Joe Road Havre, Montana 59501
- US Customs: (406) 398-5512
- Canada: Highway 21 South, Willow Creek, Saskatchewan S0N 0P0
- Canadian Customs: (406) 398-2361
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Willow Creek Border Crossing:
- The Canadian province of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year-round.
- The Willow Creek US port of entry is a Permit Port. Commercial merchandise that will be imported to the US through this crossing will need to be first approved by the Area Port of Great Falls before it arrives in Willow Creek.
- The city of Havre is just half an hour away from the Willow Creek port with plenty of travel services as well as attractions for visitors.
- Govenlock, Saskatchewan is a ghost town, one of 32 that belong on the Ghost Town Trail which runs along Saskatchewan Highway 13. The nearest large community to Govenlock is Maple Creek which is about an hour away. Travelers who are planning to enter Canada through the Willow Creek port will need to stock up on fuel, food, and emergency kits from Havre, Montana before proceeding on their way.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Willow Creek Border Crossing
- 0 seconds to go
E&E News - 14 hours ago
The $8 billion pipeline would link Canadian oil sands to U.S. refineries, passing through Alberta,...
MontanaSports - 2 weeks ago
MISSOULA – The offense had been clicking, but the defense needed work. That was head coach Travis...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Saskatchewan Montana'