The Warroad – Sprague border crossing is one of the busiest ports of entry in Minnesota, carrying a lot of truck traffic. This crossing connects the communities of Warroad, Minnesota and Sprague, Manitoba. It also the port typically used by travelers when heading to the Northwest Angle. The Warroad border station is the one that travelers will be communicating with at Jim’s Corner when they let customs officials know that they will be entering the US at the Northwest Angle border crossing.
Hours of Operations & Wait Times
The US port of entry is open to all vehicles 24/7. Passenger vehicles can also pass through the Canadian port of entry 24/7. Commercial vehicles, however, are only allowed entry into Canada on weekdays, from 8 am to 5 pm.
Weather, Traffic & Road Conditions
The state of Minnesota provides travel alerts on their online interactive map and through recorded messages that travelers can access via the 511 hotline. Manitoba offers similar services to travelers; an online interactive map and the 511 travel information service hotline provides the public with updates on traffic and road conditions in the province.
Contact & Directions for Your Trip
To get more information about the Warroad – Sprague border crossing, travelers can get in touch with the US or Canadian customs officials at this location by calling the numbers listed below. The map and the directions below can be used as a guide to reach this port of entry.
Find Directions to the Border Crossing on the Map
Address & Phone Numbers
- U.S.: 41059 State Hwy 313, Warroad, MN 56763-9411
- US Customs: (218) 386-2796
- Canada: Highway 12, Sprague, MB R0A 1Z0, Canada
- Canadian Customs: +1 800-461-9999
On your way to crossing the border hotels are available, compare best hotels prices available on the US side and Canadian side. Bed and breakfast can be found here and here. If you are looking to find cheap cars for rent check this website for comparision of car rent prices. Check best car rental deals from Hertz, Avis, National Car Hire and Alamo.
Are you heading for camping, check for this fantastic campgrounds, or search for the best RV parking places. Need an RV hired, check this website. Boats and canoes are available for rent if you are crossing the border for some fun and hiking check these accommodation options. Are you going for golf – see the top golf courses and tee times here. Hiking options.
Did you car break down middle of the road, call for car help get emergency services. Do you need travel insurance – visit our partners here. You pets can be insured as well here. Visiting Canada for medical reasons, check this website.
Documentation needs to be all ready, for find the necessary legal forms here.
Things to Know About the Warroad – Sprague Border Crossing:
- Warroad is Minnesota’s original HockeyTown USA. Visitors can catch a game at any time during the year or join training camps and tournaments.
- There’s only one Duty Free shop at this crossing – Kitt’s Duty Free – located on the Canadian side of the border.
- Travelers can visit the Sprague and District Historical Museum where a monument commemorating the locals who served Canada during WWI, WWII, and other foreign wars.
- The Warroad border station processes applications for Global Entry and NEXUS cards.
- The town of Sprague is named after an Englishman, Dan Sprague, who founded a lumber company in the area around 1885. Several years later, a railway was built in the area which helped increase the town’s economy by connecting it to Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Fort Frances, and Rainy River.
- Warroad got its name from being located along a route that one Indian tribe used to invade their enemy’s territory. Travelers can learn more about the area’s history by visiting the Warroad Heritage Center and Museum.
- Fishing enthusiasts can enjoy open water fishing at Lake of the Woods when they visit Warroad, Minnesota.
Links of Interest
Recent News & Updates about Warroad – Sprague Border Crossing
The Spokesman-Review - 2 weeks ago
“I-90 in the Spokane area through to the Idaho border is experiencing increased, regular...
Globalnews.ca - 11 months ago
... role CBSA officers have in protecting our borders by keeping inadmissible people from entering...
CBC.ca - 4 months ago
Manitoba border guards seized more than 15 litres of a chemical often referred to as liquid ecstasy...
News via Google. See more news matching 'Sprague Border Crossing'